Rss Feed
  1. The finishing line!

    Monday 30 November 2009

    So I did it! 30 posts in 30 days means that I managed to complete NaBloPoMo. It was actually quite an interesting experience to try and find something to write about every day. Some days were definitely more interesting than others.

    My medic alert bracelet broke on Saturday. Middle of rehearsal. Suddenly it just snapped off my wrist. Beads everywhere.

    So I've not been wearing it since. What I find really strange is that I was really resistant to getting one in the first place, yet having gone a few days without, I feel naked for not having it on. I don't know whether it's just that I got used to wearing another piece of jewellery, and not having it feels weird (I know I still get confused as to where my ring which broke is), or if it was giving me a sense of security. Peace of mind knowing that if something did happen to me, whoever found me would know my name, date of birth, that I had diabetes, and who I wanted them to call.

    I'm not sure now whether to order a new one, try to fix this one, email the people I bought it from (as it was pointed out to me that breaking within six months isn't exactly great), or hoping that someone does in fact grant my wish for a new bracelet bit on Livejournal's holiday_wishes community. I've still got the ID in my purse, but is that enough?

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment