Rss Feed
  1. Waiting for the hammer to fall

    Friday 27 November 2009

    I feel like I'm waiting a lot of the time. Waiting for my insulin sensitivity to decrease. Waiting to need bigger boluses. Waiting to need the Lantus back again. Just waiting. It's like being on a very weird time bomb. I can't see the timer, or the fuse, so I don't have even the vaguest clue when it's going to go off. The only thing I know is that it will. And I worry. I worry what it's going to be like when the amounts of insulin I need aren't so tiny. I wander all over the place as it is...

    I gave in to some temptation today. I bought some pralines from Hotel Chocolat. I had three of them. I gave myself an extra unit of NR. I thought that would stop me going really high. But it brought me down to the edge of hypo before dinner. But by the time dinner was actually ready, I was up to 5. I had a relatively low carb dinner, but still ended up at 8.1 two hours later.

    What's it going to be like when I'm out of honeymoon?

    I really, really don't know. I guess I'll just wait and see.

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment