Rss Feed
  1. Hitting the High Notes

    Thursday 15 July 2010

    If you know me in real life, you'll know I love to sing. I know I can hold a tune, and I like to think that I'm not half bad at holding one either. Again, if you know me well, you'll know that I have, as Andrew puts it, 'Rain Man' skills for remembering songs. Which means that I'm a veritable juke-box (or Spotify, in this digital age) when you get down to it. I can usually think of a song for every given situation.

    I love musical theatre. It was, and still is really, what I've always wanted to do. I just love it. I love the colour, the drama, the energy and raw emotion. I always wanted my moment to be the leading lady. Never got it, sadly.

    But wait a minute! Surely we're are all the leading ladies and leading men of our own lives?! If we're not, then who is? Are we not deserving our chance to belt out our favourite numbers? 

    This past year with T1 has also given me so much in the way of drama. From reading all the blogs and tweets out there I know that from day to day, so many of you out there in the DOC have such amazing stories in your lives. We have the highs and the lows, both emotional and literal, and I think there are a whole bunch of stories out there that are worth of songs full of money-notes.

    So get up and belt out your song, whether that's figuratively or literally. I've got the flat to myself - you can bet I've been hitting the high notes tonight! What do you think, guys? DOC - The Musical?

    On a side note, a HUGE thank you to Chris  for giving The D-Team a plug today. You get to choose your own song, Chris!

  2. 3 comments:

    1. George said...

      I think DOC the Musical is a great idea! I too love musical theater for all the reasons you do.

    2. Becky said...

      *grins* I know there are more than a few musical theatre lovers out there on my friend-lists. I actually knew you were one of them as well! :D

    3. Congratulations, I picked you for a Versatile Blogger Award! Go to my blog post to see how to accept your award.
      Dana
      http://gavertarm2bambidextrous.blogspot.com/2010/07/congratulations-tome-i-received.html

    Post a Comment