Rss Feed
  1. The waiting is over

    Monday 3 May 2010

    A while back, I mentioned that I was waiting (impatiently) for something. I wasn't sure what the outcome of that was going to be, so I didn't want to tell you all what it was that I was waiting for. Since then, however, I have had the response, so I'm able to tell you.

    I'm going back to university! I've been given a conditional offer (basically waiting on a reference) to do a Master's degree in (the title does make laugh) Theatre: Writing, Directing and Performance, at the University of York. The plan is that I will do it part time over two years, whilst continuing to work my regular job full time, same as I do right now. 

    Taking into account that when I'm organising myself, not a project, I can be quite badly disorganised, I think I might need some help here, people! Managing to sort myself out with pre-preparing food so I actually have something to eat, the usuals of handling prescriptions, appointments, and just juggling the general day to day things everyone has to do? Yeah, that is seeming like just a bit too much right now. So I'm trying to tap you all for suggestions. Do you have a good recipe that freezes, or have a really useful tip on how to organise things? I've got til October to put the world to rights!

  2. 4 comments:

    1. spaggetti bolognaise

    2. Anonymous said...

      Congrats!! You are going to be the MASTER of theatre!! Awesome :) I'm very disorganized...to give you advice would be an insult, so I will let the advice come from people who know what they are talking about :)

    3. Saffy said...

      Congrats! :) I did post grad 20 hrs/wk while working full time one year. It was a hell of a year, but so satisfying to achieve all that I did that year. But you're right, you'll be massively busy.

      Totally recommend a crock pot - and get a timer for it so it switches on when you're out/busy studying. PLUS it makes loads, so you may get 10+ meals out of one cooking session. Also = less cleaning up. Perfecto by definition.

    4. Smile4Loubie said...

      Awww yay!!! Congratulations hun xx

    Post a Comment