Rss Feed
  1. Hurry up and wait

    Friday 2 April 2010

    First things first - a big thank you to all of you who commented on my post about my problems lancing my fingers. Got a few good suggestions there. An even bigger thank you goes to Lou from One Size Doesn't Fit All, who sent out a One Touch Comfort lancing device the very next day. I'm trying it at the moment, and whilst I'm not finding it less painful to use, it does seem to get blood on the first go, and always by the second. As I said to Lou, this is a distinct improvement.

    A while back, I mentioned that I had received a Contour USB meter to review. I tried my first few tests today, and had a play around with the logbook and the settings. At the moment? I am extremely impressed. I'm trying to reserve judgement until I write my full review, but I will say that it has an awful lot of features that I'm loving.

    I'm currently waiting on an important piece of post. If you know me off the blog, you're fairly likely to know what I'm on about. If not, I'm afraid I can't say just yet. I have found though, that it's pretty much a universal truth that the moment you start waiting on something specific, it won't turn up. However, everything else that you'd been waiting for does start turning up, and at first sight, start looking like the thing you actually want.

    Which is how I found myself with a letter from the DSN's at the hospital, inviting me to a course called 'Living with Type 1 Diabetes'. Four sessions at two hours each, over the month of May. That will be a year since I was diagnosed. Should be interesting. It says in the letter that it will be a chance to meet 'other diabetics your age', and discuss things tailored to the group. I'd been told that I would get an invitation to this a while ago.

    I'm not someone blessed with patience. It would help me a lot if I had more. But as I've been told before, if you ask God for patience, you'll be given a chance to use it. So, I better hurry up and wait!



  2. 1 comments:

    1. Anonymous said...

      I am very impressed with the Contour USB as well. Other than the fact that it isn't integrated with Caleb's OmniPod, I have only great things to say about it. I particularly like the reporting and the fact that it is Mac compatible!

      Nice to "meet" you!

      Lorraine

    Post a Comment