Rss Feed
  1. Through the Wringer

    Friday 7 May 2010

    I'm really very tired today. Now admittedly, this is mostly my own fault. It's hard to say entirely whether this was because I was stubborn (which I am), but I was determined to stay up to watch the results of the UK General Election. The concept of going to sleep whilst my country was changing around me didn't sit well with me. 

    I made it to 4am, before going to bed. I'm told that I just missed the result for the York Central constituency, which came in shortly after 4am. I woke up at 7am, but got up shortly after 8am. All in all, I didn't feel too bad. Had a low waking score in the 4's (about 79 mg/dl). Well, it's low for me, as I rarely ever get a waking score lower than 6mmol/l. 

    But two hours after breakfast? Hypo. Before lunch? Hypo. Two hours after lunch? Hypo. Good job I had a lot of Glucotabs on me, really. Chug some Diet (Cherry, yey!) Coke, and at about 16:00, Andrew makes me go out for walk to buy milk for the office, which clears my head a tiny bit, but man did I feel rough. To be honest, still not feeling brilliant. 

    I do feel like I've been through the wringer today, both physically and emotionally. I don't like sitting on this knife edge of a decision. I don't think I've ever watched so much news in a 24 hour period. The fact that I'm really stressed out over this probably hasn't helped matters much. But I often find that my hypos seem to come in three's. I hate being proved right!

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment