Rss Feed
  1. The Weather Today....

    Tuesday 2 March 2010

    I woke up yesterday morning, and it looked extremely bright and sunny. Almost spring-like, in fact. But oh no, I wasn't going to be fooled by THAT one again. However, by the time I was walking to work, I had taken off my gloves, my scarf, my hat, and undone my coat. But come the evening, it was freezing again.

    So this morning, I wanted to be slightly more optimistic that, for the day at least, it was going to stay warm. So I left my big furry russian-style hat at home, chose a beanie hat instead, and left my gloves in my handbag. But as soon as I'd walked out the door, it was cold. The pond was frozen over, and weirdly enough, there was some very light snow on portions of the grass. But then I walked out of the shade, and it was actually quite warm. 

    What the heck is going on? Would the weather please make up its mind? I don't know what to expect half the time, and it's getting on my nerves!

    I had my annual review at clinic today, and much like the weather, I wasn't sure what to expect from it, and hadn't quite figured out what to think about the whole thing. Despite this now being nearly a complete day eleven of my hypo-free streak, I'd been having lots of hypos prior to that, between one and three a day, most days. So I wasn't quite sure what that would have done to my A1c. 

    But I went along, and aside from the fact that I was shocked to see 'Deal or no Deal' on the waiting area television, rather than children's shows for once, I didn't have to wait too long. I apparently now weigh eleven and a half stone, which is the lightest I have been in quite some time.

    My HbA1c has gone up a little bit from 6.0 to 6.2. I'm not too bothered about this, it's still acceptable. I asked about getting a demi-pen, and my DSN is going to ring me about that tomorrow. So it looks like I might be switching to cartridges. I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about this though.

    But on the whole, the outlook is generally clear.

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment