Rss Feed
  1. Seven Deadly Sins: Day Five - Gluttony

    Wednesday 17 February 2010

    I am a day late, but I have just consumed four pancakes. And they were good (elongate the 'o' a whole lot, and you'll get there). 

    But I could have eaten four again. 

    Food and I have a bit of a weird relationship these days. Sure, I'm healthier, and I'm thinner than I've been in a long time. And I know there's nothing that I can't have. But I do know that there are plenty of things that I shouldn't. But I want things. 

    I came to love yoghurt-coated crystallised ginger a few months ago. Then I discovered it was pretty much 90% sugar. A second bowl of cereal. Fruit juice. Oh my word, fruit juice. Smoothies. 
    I can't carb count properly yet, because I need something along the lines of a quarter-unit pen to be able to do it. Which makes so many things frustrating.

    I had a Malteaster Bunny today. I love these things, I really do. And though I was not low, I was heading that way, so I felt it was a sensible move. But then I felt bad. I don't hold with the whole 'a moment on the lips' rubbish. I think it's patronising. However, it's a moment of 'good', which leads to guilt afterwards. And it's guilt which I feel guilty about afterwards. 

    Yet I would still happily have four more pancakes and that other Malteaster Bunny that's hidden in my bag because it's almost bang on 15g of carb and makes a perfect post-glucotab treat. 

    Some days you just can't win.

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment