Rss Feed
  1. Dear Miss Thomson,

    We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment...


    No wait, scratch that.

    So I've been re-reading all the Harry Potter books. And last night, made the trip to see Half Blood Prince (seriously, what was up with all the pointless burning of buildings? Do they have some sort of pyromaniac on staff? Inquiring minds want to know!). So when a slightly unexpected letter turned up on Saturday, it was a bit like getting my Hogwarts letter.


    Dear Ms Thomson,

    Your blood test results are now available, and are consistent with you having Type 1 Diabetes.

    Not the biggest shocker in the world, you might think, but since I've been waiting on these results for a while, and didn't think I was going to get them until I went back to clinic next month, this letter was an absolute bolt out of the blue.

    But that's it - I've got a proper,GAD antibodies-and-similar-test confirmed, straight from the labs official diagnosis. This is possibly one of the most reassuring letters I've ever received. I know now where I'm at, and crazy as that is, that feels great.

    I'm going to Hogwarts, baby!

    xx







  2. 2 comments:

    1. Alan said...

      Becky! You're a Type 1! Welcome to the club! I've been 'diagnosed' a year, but no-one has actually confirmed it, with a letter and everything. Perhaps I'm too old for Hogwart's... ;)

    2. STAR said...

      Thats good news Becky. I think that knowing you have diabetes isn't enough, some people believe it is and that being on the right treatment is what is important not the type of diabetes. i do however disagree, of course you need the right treatment but knowing your type is important. I was confused at diagnosis and until i found out that I had genetic testing confirmed MODY didn't really feel like I fitted in.

      Now that you have confirmed type 1 you know that they can't take you off the insulin.

    Post a Comment