Rss Feed
  1. Oh lancing device. I hardly knew ye.

    I don't know if it's me, but I just can't make a lancer last for over a year. I've just said goodbye to yet another one. Is it just me? I know I use that bad boy multiple times of day, but it feels like it should last longer than it does.

    I had to resort to my standby box of Unistiks because, ladies and gentleman -  

    The spring is dead.

    And it's bloody annoying. I now have a collection of utterly useless lancing devices in my kit boxes - I don't know why I keep them, I suppose I think they must have a use, but all they do is rattle around the box, sitting there, being useless. 

    There must be a better way of building a lancer that doesn't revolve around a spring that will eventually wear out, surely? Come on engineers, get it together. Or if it already exists, and I'm just being blind, please someone point me in the right direction!

    Because I don't want to have to carry around a bunch of single use lancets until a new one turns up!

     

  2. 7 comments:

    1. Jess said...

      it seems like we all have something we go through quickly. for me, it's pump clips. seems like i need a new one every few months. more durable materials please!

    2. Karen said...

      Hmmmm, I've never broken a lancing device. However, my husband is an engineer, so I'll get him right on designing an unbreakable one for you!!

    3. You broke the spring? I swear, I've never heard of such a thing! How many times are you stabbing yourself each day? :-)

    4. Anonymous said...

      They break?
      I've lost one - but never broken one - yet...

    5. Mike Hoskins said...

      Hmmm, the Mystery of the Breaking Lancing Device - sounds like a Scooby Doo episode. Agreed, so many lancing devices need to be made better. I've been lucky with my OneTouch brand used over the years, but there's been so many others I've had that just don't last. Thanks for the post, Becky.

    6. k2 said...

      HolyMoley you broke it! Dude, I'm totally impressed!

    7. Sara said...

      I've never broken one either!!

      Maybe they make them differently on this side of the pond! :P

      But seriously, have you tried a MultiClix or a FastClix? I find them much more durable.

    Post a Comment